Thank you for your interest in knowing MSSI.
The Multiple Sclerosis Society of India (MSSI) is a registered voluntary, non-profit organization established in 1985. We work for the welfare of people affected by Multiple Sclerosis and are affiliated to MSIF UK (Multiple Sclerosis International Federation).
Our founder members Mrs. Rehmut S. Fazalbhoy and Mr. A. H.Tobaccowala, former Chairman, Voltas India, Mr. K. N.Randeria, Mrs. Sheela Chitnis, Mr. A.J. Joglekar and Major Sharan gathered together with a view to promote the welfare of Multiple Sclerosis persons in India. Since 1985 we have grown gradually and today eight regional chapters are serving and addressing needs of Multiple Sclerosis person locally.
The head office of the society is based on Mumbai, the Head office team members are drawn from various chapters so that regional issues and voices are brought to an all India platform and to a larger audience.
- Mr. Viresh Oberoi – President
- Mr. Sandeep Chitnis – Vice President
- Mrs. S Lalitha – Vice President
- Mrs. Renuka Malaker – Secretary
- Mr. Ramesh Rao – Treasurer
- Mrs. Jyoti Ronghe – Jt. Secretary
- Mr. Shivaramakrishna – Jt. Treasurer
- Mr. Shankar Subramanium – Bangalore
- Mrs. Ann Gonsalvez – Chennai
- Mrs. Nina Kochhar – Delhi
- Mr. Vasudev Naidu – Hyderabad
- Mr. Sanket Mestry – Indore
- Mr. Anirban Banerjee – Kolkata
- Mrs. Sundari Raju – Mumbai
- Mrs. Sarita Varma – Pune
MSSI Chapters in India
MSSI is offering its services through multiple city/regional chapters within India. Click on the chapters to view it’s services, programmes, activities and events.