The Multiple Sclerosis Society of India (MSSI) Bengaluru Chapter was started in 1987 in Bengaluru. It began with 5 MSP’s ,today the society serves a large number of Multiple Sclerosis patients. It founder and first Chairperson was Mr. J.L. Pasricha, National Past President of MSSI.
MSSI Bengaluru Chapter regularly conducts the “Prayatna” program, held once every two months, which acts as a platform for the patients to meet each other and express their feelings and experience amongst their co-members and families. Entertainment and cultural programs also form a part of the “Prayatna” meeting. MSSI Bengaluru has a medical advisory panel, which comprises of some of the leading neurologists and neuro- surgeons in India. NIMHANS and Vikram Hospital are very accommodative to the members of MSSI.
- Medical Services for admission to hospital, obtaining medicines, nursing and physiotherapy and diet guidance.
- A visiting service for homebound MS persons.
- Aids and Equipment for patients requiring wheelchairs, walkers, crutches and canes.
- Vocational Opportunities for homebound mobile patients.
- Guidance and Counselling for patients and families.
- Providing Medical Reimbursements on monthly basis.
- Patient Welfare through group meetings and recreational and social events for interaction.
Recent Posts / View All Posts
To Commemorate World MS Day MSSI Bengaluru Chapter hosted a photography exhibition – Seeing the Unseen depicting the pictures of Invisible Symptoms of MS. The Exhibition was held from 29th …
PHOTOGRAPHY EXHIBITION HELD FROM 1ST TO 10TH MARCH 2019 A solo exhibition was held by Mr. Punkaj Gupta, Hon. Secretary to create Awareness cum Fund Raising Along with Honeycomb Creative…
To Commemorate India MS Day MSSI Bengaluru Chapter conducted two days events. On February 2, 2019, an awareness bike rally was conducted from Omega Healthcare Management Services Pvt. Ltd. to…
Mr. Punkaj, Hon.Secretary submitted the appeal letter to the commissioner describing the important points of getting support from the Government schemes available to MS persons such as support towards free…
- Dr. Jaychandran – Hon. Chairperson
- Dr. Rajesh B Iyer – Hon. Vice Chairperson
- Ajay Anand – Hon. Treasurer
- Shankar Subramanian – Hon. Secretary
- K.A Prasad – Member – Managing Committee
- A. Kala – Member – Managing Committee
- S.Lalitha – Member – Managing Committee
- Usha Medina – Member – Managing Committee
- Padmapriya – Member – Managing Committee