The Multiple Sclerosis Society of India (MSSI) Bengaluru Chapter was started in 1987 in Bengaluru. It began with 5 MSP’s ,today the society serves a large number of Multiple Sclerosis patients. It founder and first Chairperson was Mr. J.L. Pasricha, National Past President of MSSI.
MSSI Bengaluru Chapter regularly conducts the “Prayatna” program, held once every two months, which acts as a platform for the patients to meet each other and express their feelings and experience amongst their co-members and families. Entertainment and cultural programs also form a part of the “Prayatna” meeting. MSSI Bengaluru has a medical advisory panel, which comprises of some of the leading neurologists and neuro- surgeons in India. NIMHANS and Vikram Hospital are very accommodative to the members of MSSI.
- Medical Services for admission to hospital, obtaining medicines, nursing and physiotherapy and diet guidance.
- A visiting service for homebound MS persons.
- Aids and Equipment for patients requiring wheelchairs, walkers, crutches and canes.
- Vocational Opportunities for homebound mobile patients.
- Guidance and Counselling for patients and families.
- Providing Medical Reimbursements on monthly basis.
- Patient Welfare through group meetings and recreational and social events for interaction.
Recent Posts / View All Posts
On Saturday 17th September 2016, 65 members including MSPs, Caregivers, Committee Members, Staff and volunteers enjoyed a day’s outing amidst naturally beautiful surroundings at SANSKRUTI RESORT, at Loni Kalbhor which…
Cyber City Magarpatta has a huge community of young software professionals working with most prominent corporate names so it was an ideal venue for Awareness. MSSI along with their Community…
WORLD MS DAY 2016 was observed on 14th May 2016 at SGS MALL, Moledena Road, Camp area. Saturday’s leisure crowds at the Mall, plus the audience made it a decent…
HAPPY STREETS, an Initiative of Times of India& Maharashtra Times has of recent times become a much sought after outing on Sunday mornings almost round the year. The PMC and…
- Dr. Jaychandran – Hon. Chairperson
- Dr. Rajesh B Iyer – Hon. Vice Chairperson
- Ajay Anand – Hon. Treasurer
- Shankar Subramanian – Hon. Secretary
- K.A Prasad – Member – Managing Committee
- A. Kala – Member – Managing Committee
- S.Lalitha – Member – Managing Committee
- Usha Medina – Member – Managing Committee
- Padmapriya – Member – Managing Committee