Multiple Sclerosis Society of India, Delhi Chapter, was established on the 25th of October, in 1989, with founders members Mrs. Rehmat Fazalbhoy, Mrs. Aruna Dalmia, Mrs. Sheila Thadani Chauhan, Mrs. Mohini Giri. The 1st Chairperson was Mr. Anil Shastri. Beginning with just 6 MSP’s, it has over 500 members presently spread over entire North India. In the year 2011, Delhi Chapter played host to a successful International Conference on Multiple Sclerosis, which was attended by Medical Professionals & Delegates from over 30 countries, organized under the aegis of MSIF.
The MSSI Delhi Chapter offers a variety of programmes & services to help people affected by multiple sclerosis effectively manage and cope with the disease. The programs are aimed at people living with MS or MS people waiting for a diagnosis with respect to MS or an MS allied disease, people who may be close to a person with MS or an MS allied disease, such as family and friends or Caregivers to a person with MS or Healthcare professionals, employers, institutions and students.
- REHABILITATION PROJECT “ Keep Moving..” – Offers subsidized / free home visits with rehab sessions by trained physiotherapists & occupational therapists for home bound PwMS
- MS NURSE PROJECT – Free home nursing services for PwMS and respite service for care-givers
- SPARSH – “Touching Lives” : A regular home visit service to provide counselling, and to assess the psychological, emotional & physical environment at home , thereby providing more customized assistance and programmes
- VIDYA – Education Grants / Financial Aid to MS Persons’ children
- SWAYAM – Rehabilitating members of the MS family through this self help /income generating project
- PRAFUL – Improving access and modifying homes of PwMS to provide a cheerful and friendly environment
- SAATHIYAA. Care givers receive counseling & get a platform to share hopes, fears, joys and company of others.
- COUNSELING and Guidance – Personalised confidential & effective counseling by empathetic volunteers.
- SOCIAL & EDUCATIONAL : Day Care Programmes for PwMS and their families. A day out providing interaction with other PwMS, families, Doctors & motivational speakers.
- MS YOUTH GROUP – A MSSI-Delhi special project for the age group of 15 to 35 years – a fun group for like minded people.. also now connected through social media across several towns & cities .
- The Society provides services like priority hospital admissions, consultation at leading Hospitals & with specialists. It also provides needy patients with medical aids and appliances, such as wheel chairs, walkers, incontinence products. It helps with medical and hospitalization expenses for the marginalized.
- All newly registered MSPs are counselled and provided with a kit complete with all information on living with MS.
- Bipasha Gupta – Hon. Chairperson
- Meenakshi Bhujwala – Hon. Vice Chairperson
- Gp Capt. Prabal Malaker (Retd) – Hon. Secretary
- Nina Kochhar – Hon. Jt. Secretary
- Meera Hora – Hon. Treasurer
- Ms. Ragini Mathur – Member – Managing Committee
- Ms. Mridula Murgai – Member – Managing Committee