Bringing together the knowledge to empower you with all the information you need about Multiple Sclerosis.
Of late there is a lot of debate and discussion around the 14 recently added disabilities among patient welfare groups and NGOs after the new Rights of Persons with Disability Act, 2016 was passed. The list has been expanded from 7 to 21 diseases or conditions. Now multiple disabilities are included in the new RPWD Act including Cerebral Palsy, Dwarfism, Muscular Dystrophy, Acid Attack victims, Hard of Hearing, Speech and Language Disability, Specific Learning Disabilities, Autism Spectrum Disorders, Chronic Neurological Disorders such as Multiple Sclerosis and Parkinson’s disease, Blood Disorders such as Haemophilia, Thalassemia, and Sickle cell anaemia.
The question to what extent does this help Persons with MS and does it address their needs in the field of employment, job security, government schemes, insurance and even access to affordable treatment?
Through our Resources section, it is our endeavour to help you access information from relevant websites and sources.
DISABILITY AFFAIRS: IMPORTANT WEBSITES & LINKS
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment – http://socialjustice.nic.in
- Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan) – http://disabilityaffairs.gov.in
- Chief Commissioner for Persons with Disability – http://ccdisabilities.nic.in
- Delhi Govt:Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities
- The Rights of Persons with Disabilities(RPwD) Act 28 December 2016 MS Pg 34 Para 4
- Enforcement of RPwD 19 Apr 17
- Notification of Rules 15 June 2017 Application for Obtaining Certificate of Disability Form IV Pg 40 Certificate of Disability Form VII Pg 44-45. Hindi version Form IV Pg 18-19 Form VII Pg 24-26
- Guidelines for Evaluation and Procedure for Certification of Various Specified Disabilities Notification 04 January 2018 MS pg 79,80 & 97
- The Unique Disability ID project initiated by Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities aims at building a holistic end-to-end integrated system for Issuance of Universal ID & Disability Certificates for Person with Disabilities with their identification and disability details. You can apply on line for UDID card and disability certificate.to know more Please click http://www.
- Health being a State subject, respective states are to promulgate their rules based on the Central notification. Eg Delhi, Bihar, Meghalaya and Madhya Pradesh are some of the states who have notified the rules.
- Commissioner Persons with Disabilities is a grievance redressal mechanism. In case you feel aggrieved by an act, person, organisation infringing any promulgated rule please approach them. The procedure is listed in the respective State websites.