The Multiple Sclerosis Society of India – Pune Chapter was started in the year 1989 with great support of the Head Office based in Mumbai. Mrs. Mini Grant was the founder chairperson of the Chapter. It was further developed under the aegis of late Mrs. Rehmut Fazalbhoy and late Mrs. Ratti Ginwala. It stared in a very small way with the help of some enthusiastic volunteers. Since then it has gone from strength to strength and now it is well established with its own office at Kalyani nagar.
From here the dedicated staff and committee members offer MS Persons full support and information. The Members began by visiting Neurologists in various hospitals to help create awareness. Immense support was provided by Doctors and hospitals. It began with 10 MSP’s and today the Chapter has approximately 120 MS Persons registered with them.
- Pune Chapter provides help to needy MS persons by providing medicines, diapers, nursing, counselling, mobility equipments and hospitalisation support.
- Home bound physiotherapy/nursing/counselling sessions are also arranged.
- Annual free medical check-up camps are held in reputed hospitals.
- They organise lunch parties and picnics for their entertainment and interaction.
- They hold Alternate Therapy workshops.
- Education of MS Persons/ children of needy MS persons are supported.
- World MS Day and India MS Day are annually observed.
- Yearly fund raising events are organised to raise funds for their patient welfare activities.
Recent Posts / View All Posts
The Physiotherapy camp was organised at Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth, Gultekdi Pune on Tuesday 27th November 2018 with the initiative of Ms Pooja Shevale intern physiotherapist of the college. This camp…
A picnic was organised to Chondhe Farms near Lonikand, on Saturday 6th October 2018, a distance of about 25 Km from Kalyani Nagar. Two Buses were hired from Penosh. Keeping…
To celebrate World Physiotherapy Day, a Walkathon was organised by Sancheti Hospital Pune on Sunday 9th September 2018. MSSI Pune had actively participated in the Walkathon to create an awareness…
The invitation to attend IMA Annual day program on Sunday, 3rd June had been extended by Dr Padma Iyer, President, IMA. This appeared to be a good opportunity to continue…
- J.P. Banerjee – Chairperson
- Sunita Lalwani – Hon. Secretary
- Hutokshi Pundole – Hon. Treasurer
- Asha Merchant – Hon. Joint Secretary
- Madhuri Milind Kothavale – Hon. Joint Treasurer
- Jyoti Ronghe – Member – Managing Committee
- Sarita Varma – Member – Managing Committee