The Multiple Sclerosis Society of India – Pune Chapter was started in the year 1989 with great support of the Head Office based in Mumbai. Mrs. Mini Grant was the founder chairperson of the Chapter. It was further developed under the aegis of late Mrs. Rehmut Fazalbhoy and late Mrs. Ratti Ginwala. It stared in a very small way with the help of some enthusiastic volunteers. Since then it has gone from strength to strength and now it is well established with its own office at Kalyani nagar.
From here the dedicated staff and committee members offer MS Persons full support and information. The Members began by visiting Neurologists in various hospitals to help create awareness. Immense support was provided by Doctors and hospitals. It began with 10 MSP’s and today the Chapter has approximately 120 MS Persons registered with them.
- Pune Chapter provides help to needy MS persons by providing medicines, diapers, nursing, counselling, mobility equipments and hospitalisation support.
- Home bound physiotherapy/nursing/counselling sessions are also arranged.
- Annual free medical check-up camps are held in reputed hospitals.
- They organise lunch parties and picnics for their entertainment and interaction.
- They hold Alternate Therapy workshops.
- Education of MS Persons/ children of needy MS persons are supported.
- World MS Day and India MS Day are annually observed.
- Yearly fund raising events are organised to raise funds for their patient welfare activities.
Recent Posts / View All Posts
INDIA MS PERSON OF THE YEAR! 2019 Group Captain Prabal Malaker A retired Indian Airforce Test Pilot who has flown almost every aircraft in the Air Force inventory in his…
A picnic was organised at Empress Garden on Sunday 17th November 2019. Around 74 people consisting of MSPs, their caregivers, dependent children of MSPs, Committee members, Staff members, invitees and…
Ms. Gayatri Joshi, Mrs. Jyoti Ronghe and Mr. Laxman Iyer (Committee Member, Pune Chapter) attended 24 hrs relay Marathon at Magarpatta City on 5th October 2019, organized by Running Punters….
MSSI Pune had organised an awareness event at SGS Mall, Pune to mark the World MS Day, on Saturday 25th May 2019 between 5.00 pm and 7.00 pm. At the…
- J.P. Banerjee – Chairperson
- Sunita Lalwani – Hon. Secretary
- Hutokshi Pundole – Hon. Treasurer
- Asha Merchant – Hon. Joint Secretary
- Madhuri Milind Kothavale – Hon. Joint Treasurer
- Jyoti Ronghe – Member – Managing Committee
- Sarita Varma – Member – Managing Committee