The Multiple Sclerosis Society of India – Pune Chapter was started in the year 1989 with great support of the Head Office based in Mumbai. Mrs. Mini Grant was the founder chairperson of the Chapter. It was further developed under the aegis of late Mrs. Rehmut Fazalbhoy and late Mrs. Ratti Ginwala. It stared in a very small way with the help of some enthusiastic volunteers. Since then it has gone from strength to strength and now it is well established with its own office at Kalyani nagar.
From here the dedicated staff and committee members offer MS Persons full support and information. The Members began by visiting Neurologists in various hospitals to help create awareness. Immense support was provided by Doctors and hospitals. It began with 10 MSP’s and today the Chapter has approximately 120 MS Persons registered with them.
- Pune Chapter provides help to needy MS persons by providing medicines, diapers, nursing, counselling, mobility equipments and hospitalisation support.
- Home bound physiotherapy/nursing/counselling sessions are also arranged.
- Annual free medical check-up camps are held in reputed hospitals.
- They organise lunch parties and picnics for their entertainment and interaction.
- They hold Alternate Therapy workshops.
- Education of MS Persons/ children of needy MS persons are supported.
- World MS Day and India MS Day are annually observed.
- Yearly fund raising events are organised to raise funds for their patient welfare activities.
Recent Posts / View All Posts
On Saturday 17th September 2016, 65 members including MSPs, Caregivers, Committee Members, Staff and volunteers enjoyed a day’s outing amidst naturally beautiful surroundings at SANSKRUTI RESORT, at Loni Kalbhor which…
Cyber City Magarpatta has a huge community of young software professionals working with most prominent corporate names so it was an ideal venue for Awareness. MSSI along with their Community…
WORLD MS DAY 2016 was observed on 14th May 2016 at SGS MALL, Moledena Road, Camp area. Saturday’s leisure crowds at the Mall, plus the audience made it a decent…
HAPPY STREETS, an Initiative of Times of India& Maharashtra Times has of recent times become a much sought after outing on Sunday mornings almost round the year. The PMC and…
- J.P. Banerjee – Chairperson
- Sunita Lalwani – Hon. Secretary
- Hutokshi Pundole – Hon. Treasurer
- Asha Merchant – Hon. Joint Secretary
- Madhuri Milind Kothavale – Hon. Joint Treasurer
- Jyoti Ranghe – Member – Managing Committee
- Sarita Varma – Member – Managing Committee