The Multiple Sclerosis Society of India – Pune Chapter was started in the year 1989 with great support of the Head Office based in Mumbai. Mrs. Mini Grant was the founder chairperson of the Chapter. It was further developed under the aegis of late Mrs. Rehmut Fazalbhoy and late Mrs. Ratti Ginwala. It stared in a very small way with the help of some enthusiastic volunteers. Since then it has gone from strength to strength and now it is well established with its own office at Kalyani nagar.
From here the dedicated staff and committee members offer MS Persons full support and information. The Members began by visiting Neurologists in various hospitals to help create awareness. Immense support was provided by Doctors and hospitals. It began with 10 MSP’s and today the Chapter has approximately 120 MS Persons registered with them.
- Pune Chapter provides help to needy MS persons by providing medicines, diapers, nursing, counselling, mobility equipments and hospitalisation support.
- Home bound physiotherapy/nursing/counselling sessions are also arranged.
- Annual free medical check-up camps are held in reputed hospitals.
- They organise lunch parties and picnics for their entertainment and interaction.
- They hold Alternate Therapy workshops.
- Education of MS Persons/ children of needy MS persons are supported.
- World MS Day and India MS Day are annually observed.
- Yearly fund raising events are organised to raise funds for their patient welfare activities.
Recent Posts / View All Posts
Event: A Marathi comedy play “Chal Tuzi seat pakki” Date: Sunday, 17th March 2019 Venue: Tilak Smarak Mandir, Tilak road, Pune. Time: 12.30pm to 4.30pm Highlights: The program started with…
To commemorate India MS Day, A Bike Rally was organised on Sunday, 3rd February 2019. Bikers, each group having about 50 Bikers were flagged off from three different locations in…
The Camp started at 10 am. Ruby Hall Clinic had provided wheelchairs, walkers and stretchers for patients as required. Two ward boys of Ruby Hall Clinic also helped MSPs in…
The Physiotherapy camp was organised at Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth, Gultekdi Pune on Tuesday 27th November 2018 with the initiative of Ms Pooja Shevale intern physiotherapist of the college. This camp…
- J.P. Banerjee – Chairperson
- Sunita Lalwani – Hon. Secretary
- Hutokshi Pundole – Hon. Treasurer
- Asha Merchant – Hon. Joint Secretary
- Madhuri Milind Kothavale – Hon. Joint Treasurer
- Jyoti Ronghe – Member – Managing Committee
- Sarita Varma – Member – Managing Committee