Multiple Sclerosis Society of India – Chennai Chapter was established in 1997 with Mr. N. Ram, Editor in Chief “The Hindu” as Founder Chairperson with just 10 MSP’s and many volunteers to add to its strength. Initiated by Mrs.Devi Bala, the Society had as its Founder Secretary, Mrs.Dolly Khanna, Founder Treasurer, Mrs.Ann Gonsalvez, and the Founder Vice Chairperson Mrs.Lakshmi Subramanian. Today the society serves more than 200 MS persons, over the States of TamilNadu and Kerala, with a Support Group at Puducherry.
- Identification of MS persons and initial help, like Doctor’s appointments, etc
- Lab tests, MRI’s, Injections and Medicine free/subsidized.
- Physio/Occupational Therapy free/subsidized.
- Help to obtain Disability Certificates, Insurance, etc.
- Visiting home bound /hospitalized Multiple Sclerosis Persons.
- Regular telephonic counseling services and Counselling at home.
- Financial Aid to MS Persons.
- Regular monthly meetings and get togethers for Multiple Sclerosis Persons.
- Supply of wheelchairs, walkers, other aids and incontinence products.
- Alternatives Medicines like Homeopathy, etc.
- Livelihood Rehabilitation.
- Advocacy and Awareness Campaigns.
- Fund Raising.
Recent Posts / View All Posts
Multiple Sclerosis Society of India – Chennai Chapter participated in Seva Mela on 6th and 7th of October 2018 at Lady Andal School, Harington Road, Chetpet, Chennai. Seva Mela is an expression…
MSSI – Chennai Chapter monthly meeting “Face to Face” Programme on 29-09-2018 started with the Meditation session by Dr. R.J. Kalpana on behalf of the “Institute of Heartfulness”. Dr Kalpana, an…
Satspandana Physiotherapy Centre along with Trivandrum Support Group conducted a Physiotherapy Session at Trivandrum on 05/08/2018. The same was conducted at Kochi Support Group on 20/09/2018. The director of Satspandana…
Our Chennai Chapter monthly “Face to Face” Programme, saw our MS Warriors sit facing the cinema screen in Express Avenue cinema theatre on July 21 2018. They were there to…
- Ann Gonsalvez – Hon. Chairperson
- A. Ashokan – Hon. Vice Chairperson
- Dolly Khanna – Hon. Secretary
- S.Smitha – Hon. Jt. Secretary
- Mohammed Jalaludeen – Hon. Treasurer
- Sivakumar – Hon. Jt. Treasurer
- Dr. Prema Srinivasan – Member – Managing Committee
- Ms. Tara Rao – Member – Managing Committee
- Mr. Shanmuganathan – Member – Managing Committee
- Ms. Karen Gonsalvez – Member – Managing Committee
- Mrs. S. Aryasundari – Member – Managing Committee
- Dominic Surrao – Member – Managing Committee