Multiple Sclerosis Society of India – Chennai Chapter was established in 1997 with Mr. N. Ram, Editor in Chief “The Hindu” as Founder Chairperson with just 10 MSP’s and many volunteers to add to its strength. Initiated by Mrs.Devi Bala, the Society had as its Founder Secretary, Mrs.Dolly Khanna, Founder Treasurer, Mrs.Ann Gonsalvez, and the Founder Vice Chairperson Mrs.Lakshmi Subramanian. Today the society serves more than 200 MS persons, over the States of TamilNadu and Kerala, with a Support Group at Puducherry.
- Identification of MS persons and initial help, like Doctor’s appointments, etc
- Lab tests, MRI’s, Injections and Medicine free/subsidized.
- Physio/Occupational Therapy free/subsidized.
- Help to obtain Disability Certificates, Insurance, etc.
- Visiting home bound /hospitalized Multiple Sclerosis Persons.
- Regular telephonic counseling services and Counselling at home.
- Financial Aid to MS Persons.
- Regular monthly meetings and get togethers for Multiple Sclerosis Persons.
- Supply of wheelchairs, walkers, other aids and incontinence products.
- Alternatives Medicines like Homeopathy, etc.
- Livelihood Rehabilitation.
- Advocacy and Awareness Campaigns.
- Fund Raising.
Recent Posts / View All Posts
The Chief Guest for the day was Dr. Prithika Chary, Consultant Neurologist & Neurosurgeon and Chief Neurologist at Kauvery Hospital, one of the largest hospitals in Chennai. She was the…
Event 1: WORLD MS DAY PROGRAMME ON 19th May 2019 Multiple Sclerosis Society of India – Chennai Chapter together with Merck Serono organized an Awareness program on theme of World…
MSSI Chennai Chapter had a “Face to Face” programme on 23.03.2019. The evening started with “Meditation Session” by Dr Kalpana. Later Dr Bashyam, who is a renowned researcher and practitioner…
To mark “India MS Day” an “MS Awareness Rally” was organized by the Multiple Sclerosis Society of India and the Chennai Royal Riders Motorcycle Club. Motor Bike Rally from Shollinganallur…
- Ann Gonsalvez – Hon. Chairperson
- A. Ashokan – Hon. Vice Chairperson
- Dolly Khanna – Hon. Secretary
- S.Smitha – Hon. Jt. Secretary
- Mohammed Jalaludeen – Hon. Treasurer
- Sivakumar – Hon. Jt. Treasurer
- Dr. Prema Srinivasan – Member – Managing Committee
- Ms. Tara Rao – Member – Managing Committee
- Mr. Shanmuganathan – Member – Managing Committee
- Ms. Karen Gonsalvez – Member – Managing Committee
- Mrs. S. Aryasundari – Member – Managing Committee
- Dominic Surrao – Member – Managing Committee