Multiple Sclerosis Society of India – Chennai Chapter was established in 1997 with Mr. N. Ram, Editor in Chief “The Hindu” as Founder Chairperson with just 10 MSP’s and many volunteers to add to its strength. Initiated by Mrs.Devi Bala, the Society had as its Founder Secretary, Mrs.Dolly Khanna, Founder Treasurer, Mrs.Ann Gonsalvez, and the Founder Vice Chairperson Mrs.Lakshmi Subramanian. Today the society serves more than 200 MS persons, over the States of TamilNadu and Kerala, with a Support Group at Puducherry.
- Identification of MS persons and initial help, like Doctor’s appointments, etc
- Lab tests, MRI’s, Injections and Medicine free/subsidized.
- Physio/Occupational Therapy free/subsidized.
- Help to obtain Disability Certificates, Insurance, etc.
- Visiting home bound /hospitalized Multiple Sclerosis Persons.
- Regular telephonic counseling services and Counselling at home.
- Financial Aid to MS Persons.
- Regular monthly meetings and get togethers for Multiple Sclerosis Persons.
- Supply of wheelchairs, walkers, other aids and incontinence products.
- Alternatives Medicines like Homeopathy, etc.
- Livelihood Rehabilitation.
- Advocacy and Awareness Campaigns.
- Fund Raising.
Recent Posts / View All Posts
Our Chennai Chapter monthly “Face to Face” Programme, saw our MS Warriors sit facing the cinema screen in Express Avenue cinema theatre on July 21 2018. They were there to…
Soroptimist, Chennai, an International Women’s Organisation, working for the needy, teamed up, with MSSI, Chennai Chapter, for a Medical Camp on “Incontinence in MS” on 16/6/2018. This was to observe…
1.”Nrithya Sandhya” Music, Dance and a talk by 4 of our MS Ambassadors in the presence of the State Commissioner of Disability, Mr. Arun Roy at Express Avenue Mall, Chennai…
- Ann Gonsalvez – Hon. Chairperson
- A. Ashokan – Hon. Vice Chairperson
- Dolly Khanna – Hon. Secretary
- S.Smitha – Hon. Jt. Secretary
- Mohammed Jalaludeen – Hon. Treasurer
- Sivakumar – Hon. Jt. Treasurer
- Dr. Prema Srinivasan – Member – Managing Committee
- Ms. Tara Rao – Member – Managing Committee
- Mr. Shanmuganathan – Member – Managing Committee
- Ms. Karen Gonsalvez – Member – Managing Committee
- Mrs. S. Aryasundari – Member – Managing Committee
- Dominic Surrao – Member – Managing Committee