Multiple Sclerosis Society of India – Chennai Chapter was established in 1997 with Mr. N. Ram, Editor in Chief “The Hindu” as Founder Chairperson with just 10 MSP’s and many volunteers to add to its strength. Initiated by Mrs.Devi Bala, the Society had as its Founder Secretary, Mrs.Dolly Khanna, Founder Treasurer, Mrs.Ann Gonsalvez, and the Founder Vice Chairperson Mrs.Lakshmi Subramanian. Today the society serves more than 200 MS persons, over the States of TamilNadu and Kerala, with a Support Group at Puducherry.
- Identification of MS persons and initial help, like Doctor’s appointments, etc
- Lab tests, MRI’s, Injections and Medicine free/subsidized.
- Physio/Occupational Therapy free/subsidized.
- Help to obtain Disability Certificates, Insurance, etc.
- Visiting home bound /hospitalized Multiple Sclerosis Persons.
- Regular telephonic counseling services and Counselling at home.
- Financial Aid to MS Persons.
- Regular monthly meetings and get togethers for Multiple Sclerosis Persons.
- Supply of wheelchairs, walkers, other aids and incontinence products.
- Alternatives Medicines like Homeopathy, etc.
- Livelihood Rehabilitation.
- Advocacy and Awareness Campaigns.
- Fund Raising.
Recent Posts / View All Posts
Visit of Ms. Karen Dare – MS Ambassador – Melbourne, Australia spoke to us about “Living the Challenges with MS”. She is MS person herself living with MS – a single…
Our Face to Face Programme on August 6, 2016. BOSCH lunch room. The speaker of the evening was Mrs. Vasanthi Ranganathan, Rotary Aluma 1983, Fulbright Scholar with Management degrees and…
More than 800 employees of Bank of New York Mellon, along with MS persons gathered in the campus , which houses 21 I.T. Companies at 5 pm on the evening…
A leading hospital in Chennai “Fortis Malar Hospital” hosted a Medical Camp in their premises. MS persons were seen by the Dentist, the Gynecologist, the Urologist , the Ophthalmologist, the…
- Ann Gonsalvez – Hon. Chairperson
- A. Ashokan – Hon. Vice Chairperson
- Dolly Khanna – Hon. Secretary
- S.Smitha – Hon. Jt. Secretary
- Mohammed Jalaludeen – Hon. Treasurer
- Sivakumar – Hon. Jt. Treasurer
- Dr. Prema Srinivasan – Member – Managing Committee
- Ms. Tara Rao – Member – Managing Committee
- Mr. Shanmuganathan – Member – Managing Committee
- Ms. Karen Gonsalvez – Member – Managing Committee
- Mrs. S. Aryasundari – Member – Managing Committee
- Dominic Surrao – Member – Managing Committee