Multiple Sclerosis Society of India – Chennai Chapter was established in 1997 with Mr. N. Ram, Editor in Chief “The Hindu” as Founder Chairperson with just 10 MSP’s and many volunteers to add to its strength. Initiated by Mrs.Devi Bala, the Society had as its Founder Secretary, Mrs.Dolly Khanna, Founder Treasurer, Mrs.Ann Gonsalvez, and the Founder Vice Chairperson Mrs.Lakshmi Subramanian. Today the society serves more than 200 MS persons, over the States of TamilNadu and Kerala, with a Support Group at Puducherry.
- Identification of MS persons and initial help, like Doctor’s appointments, etc
- Lab tests, MRI’s, Injections and Medicine free/subsidized.
- Physio/Occupational Therapy free/subsidized.
- Help to obtain Disability Certificates, Insurance, etc.
- Visiting home bound /hospitalized Multiple Sclerosis Persons.
- Regular telephonic counseling services and Counselling at home.
- Financial Aid to MS Persons.
- Regular monthly meetings and get togethers for Multiple Sclerosis Persons.
- Supply of wheelchairs, walkers, other aids and incontinence products.
- Alternatives Medicines like Homeopathy, etc.
- Livelihood Rehabilitation.
- Advocacy and Awareness Campaigns.
- Fund Raising.
Recent Posts / View All Posts
On March 1st 2020, MSSI Chennai Chapter participated in the awareness programme – Racefor7 organized by ORDI - Organization for Rare Diseases India. ORDI ( non-profit ) is a national…
MSSI Chennai Chapter 1st group therapy session in the Brain Lab was held” on 29/2/2020. An expected event, fortunately, falls on the unexpected day “Brain Lab Group therapy - 1st…
Chennai Chapter to highlight India MS Day 2020 organised a family Picnic to one of the Beach Resorts that is Joe’s Beach Resort, situated along the coast, of the Bay…
The “Madras Neuro Trust” organises the “Neuro Update” annually as a continuing educational programme for the practising neurologists and exposing the neurology residents to recent clinical research works being done…
- Mrs. Ann Gonsalvez – Hon. Chairperson
- Mr. A. Ashokan – Hon. Vice-Chairperson
- Mrs. Dolly Khanna – Hon. Secretary
- Ms. Tara Rao – Hon. Jt. Secretary
- Mr. D. Sivakumar – Hon. Treasurer
- Mrs. Prema Srinivasan – Member – Managing Committee
- Ms. S. Smitha – Member – Managing Committee
- Mr. Dominic Surrao – Member – Managing Committee
- Mrs. G. Chitra – Member – Managing Committee
- Ms. Candila Mary – Member – Managing Committee