Multiple Sclerosis Society of India – Chennai Chapter was established in 1997 with Mr. N. Ram, Editor in Chief “The Hindu” as Founder Chairperson with just 10 MSP’s and many volunteers to add to its strength. Initiated by Mrs.Devi Bala, the Society had as its Founder Secretary, Mrs.Dolly Khanna, Founder Treasurer, Mrs.Ann Gonsalvez, and the Founder Vice Chairperson Mrs.Lakshmi Subramanian. Today the society serves more than 200 MS persons, over the States of TamilNadu and Kerala, with a Support Group at Puducherry.
- Identification of MS persons and initial help, like Doctor’s appointments, etc
- Lab tests, MRI’s, Injections and Medicine free/subsidized.
- Physio/Occupational Therapy free/subsidized.
- Help to obtain Disability Certificates, Insurance, etc.
- Visiting home bound /hospitalized Multiple Sclerosis Persons.
- Regular telephonic counseling services and Counselling at home.
- Financial Aid to MS Persons.
- Regular monthly meetings and get togethers for Multiple Sclerosis Persons.
- Supply of wheelchairs, walkers, other aids and incontinence products.
- Alternatives Medicines like Homeopathy, etc.
- Livelihood Rehabilitation.
- Advocacy and Awareness Campaigns.
- Fund Raising.
Empowering Inclusivity: U.S. Consulate & Museum of Possibilities Unite for Climate Change and Disabilities Discussion In a groundbreaking collaboration, the U.S. Consulate General Chennai partnered with the Museum of Possibilities…
The Face to Face Meeting was hosted by the MSSI Chennai Chapter on August 5th, 2023, at the YWCA in Chennai. Dr. Ravi Samuel guided the attendees through the topic…
MSSI Chennai Chapter organized a "Face to Face Meeting" on July 1st, 2023, and it was an incredible success! The event focused on exploring the "Impact of Lifestyle Factors on…
As night fell on 30 May which marks World MS Day, iconic landmarks across the globe came alive and bathed the city skies in an orange hue! Chennai Chapter's Campaign…
- Mrs. Ann Gonsalvez – Hon. Chairperson
- Mr. A. Ashokan – Hon. Vice-Chairperson
- Mrs. Dolly Khanna – Hon. Secretary
- Ms. Tara Rao – Hon. Jt. Secretary
- Mr. D. Sivakumar – Hon. Treasurer
- Mrs. Prema Srinivasan – Member – Managing Committee
- Ms. S. Smitha – Member – Managing Committee
- Mr. Dominic Surrao – Member – Managing Committee
- Mrs. G. Chitra – Member – Managing Committee
- Ms. Candila Mary – Member – Managing Committee