The Hyderabad Chapter was inaugurated on 4th Sep. 2005, with the four Founder Members: Mrs. Meena Gupta – Founder Chairperson, Mrs. Renu Swarup – Vice Chairperson, Mrs. Shilpa Sanghani – Secretary and Mrs. Vinodini Agrawal – Treasurer, by Dr. S.V. Khadilkar, who was then the Hon. National Vice President, MSSI Head Office and eminent leading Neurologist from Bombay Hospital in Mumbai. The inaugural event was supported by Dr. Reddy’s Lab, Hyderabad.
The Members began by visiting Neurologists in various hospitals to help create awareness. Immense support was provided by Doctors and hospitals. The Society started with 6 MS persons and today it has 135 MS persons. Since its inception we have been inviting Doctors and professionals from varied fields of activities for the monthly meetings conducted for the PwMS and the Caregivers to help them cope with the devastating disease and to meet the challenges of daily life.
- Regular visits to the Home bound MS patients.
- Monthly meetings.
- Youth MS Group & Caregivers Group
- Arogya – Annual Master Health Check
- Free monthly MS Clinic at Apollo Hospital.
- Free MRI once a year.
- Free Medicines & Diapers to the financially weak persons
- Free Beds, Airbeds, Wheelchairs, Walkers & Walking sticks.
- Home Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy & Counseling.
- Obtaining Disability Certificates.
- Hospitalization – financial aid
- Akanksha – Annual cultural evening
- India MS Day
- World MS Day
Recent Posts / View All Posts
MSSI HYDERABAD CHAPTER and APOLLO HOSPITALS has conducted a symposium on Multiple Sclerosis – Fighting the Invisible A very interactive session was held with a panel of Expert Doctors, MS…
Deepthi Neelagiri, an MS Fighter from Hyderabad, participated in the prestigious all-women art exhibition called ‘Art Invasion’ that is aimed at promoting emerging artists in the field of art. Deepthi,…
The Indian Organization for Rare Diseases (I-ORD) was conceived in 2005 and is incorporated as a not-for-profit organization in India and USA. It is the umbrella organization and represents interests…
MSSI Hyderabad chapter observed INDIA MS DAY by organising the MS WALK on Sunday 2nd February 2020. The Walk was held at Parade Ground, Secunderabad from 7 am onwards. There…
- Mrs. Meena Gupta – Chairperson
- Mr. Vasudev Naidu – Vice Chairperson
- Mrs. Shamsa Saba – Hon. Secretary
- Ms. Neelima Aruru – Hon. Jt. Secretary
- Mrs. Vinodhini Agarwal – Hon. Treasurer
- Cmdr. Ramu Dasari – G. C. Member
- Mrs. Mamta Gupta – Committee Member
- Mrs. Arti Vishal Mital – Committee Member
- Mrs. G. Sushma – Committee Member
- Mrs. Dimple Bedi – Committee Member
- Mrs. Farida Raj – Committee Member