The Hyderabad Chapter was inaugurated on 4th Sep. 2005, with the four Founder Members: Mrs. Meena Gupta – Founder Chairperson, Mrs. Renu Swarup – Vice Chairperson, Mrs. Shilpa Sanghani – Secretary and Mrs. Vinodini Agrawal – Treasurer, by Dr. S.V. Khadilkar, who was then the Hon. National Vice President, MSSI Head Office and eminent leading Neurologist from Bombay Hospital in Mumbai. The inaugural event was supported by Dr. Reddy’s Lab, Hyderabad.
The Members began by visiting Neurologists in various hospitals to help create awareness. Immense support was provided by Doctors and hospitals. The Society started with 6 MS persons and today it has 135 MS persons. Since its inception we have been inviting Doctors and professionals from varied fields of activities for the monthly meetings conducted for the PwMS and the Caregivers to help them cope with the devastating disease and to meet the challenges of daily life.
- Regular visits to the Home bound MS patients.
- Monthly meetings.
- Youth MS Group & Caregivers Group
- Arogya – Annual Master Health Check
- Free monthly MS Clinic at Apollo Hospital.
- Free MRI once a year.
- Free Medicines & Diapers to the financially weak persons
- Free Beds, Airbeds, Wheelchairs, Walkers & Walking sticks.
- Home Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy & Counseling.
- Obtaining Disability Certificates.
- Hospitalization – financial aid
- Akanksha – Annual cultural evening
- India MS Day
- World MS Day
Recent Posts / View All Posts
MSSI Hyderabad organised a fundraiser on 9th September 2018. It was a Sufi dance concert by the world-renowned danseuse, Manjari Chaturvedi, titled The Courtesan – An Enigma. Actress, Nisha Singh narrated…
This was a unique, creative and interesting way to create MS and MSSI awareness by introducing Mandala art at Smiles old age home, Medchal – Hyderabad. There was a gathering…
We organised a three month Therapeutic Yoga workshop for our PwMS , comprising of Asanas and Pranayama’s, by senior yoga therapist Kamala Cherravuri and her team. This included ten individual…
The Hyderabad Chapter celebrated World MS Day at City Center Mall, Banjara Hills on 30/5/2018 with the theme “#Bringing us Closer” from 5p.m. to 7p.m. This was a Musical evening with Live…
- Mamta Gupta – Chairperson
- Vinodini Agrawal – Vice Chairperson
- P.V. Vasudev Naidu – Treasurer & GC Member
- Renu Swarup – Jt. Treasurer
- Arti Vishal Mital – Secretary
- Maheshwar Kusuma – Jt. Secretary
- Meena Gupta – Charter Chairperson & Committee Member
- Ramu Dasari – Committee Member
- Mayuri Tandon – Committee Member
- Arti Vishal Mittal – Committee Member
- Priyanka Khemka – Committee Member
- N.V.M. Prasad – Committee Member