Mumbai Chapter was launched in 1985 by Founders Mr. A.H. Tobaccowala and Mrs. Rehmut Fazalbhoy for the welfare and support of MS persons. They along with extremely active members like Mrs. Sheela Chitnis, Mr. K.N. Randeria, Mr. A J Joglekar, Mr. P Sharan and others established the society with just 3 MS Persons. Numerous activities and dedicated hard work by all these people helped MSSI Mumbai become a prominent organization in the field of MS. With the involvement of leading doctors, Hospitals of Mumbai and help from various donors, MSSI Mumbai moved forward rapidly. Today their active and buzzing office shares their premises with MSSI Head Office in their own space in Sion- West which they purchased in the beginning of 2008. It began with 3 MSP’s and today the society serves a large number of Multiple Sclerosis patients.
MSSI- MUMBAI Chapter conducts very successful MS WALKs every year and they are aimed towards creating awareness and fund-raising for their various activities. As a leading Chapter they also do the following activities throughout the year.
- Identification of MS patients and initial help.
- Free Supplementary Medicine.
- Home Physio/Occupational Therapy.
- Home Nursing Project.
- Disability Certificates.
- Visiting and counseling home bound Multiple Sclerosis Patients.
- Hospital Visits.
- Regular telephonic counseling.
- Financial Aid to needy MS Persons.
- Fund raising – MS Walks, Read- a -thon, Art Exhibitions, Musical Concerts.
- Get together for Multiple Sclerosis Patients, families and friends.
- Donations of medicines, wheelchairs and other aids.
- Subsidized cost of MRI’s.
- Public Awareness – At MS Walks, Railway stations, public places, Colleges and Schools.
- Participation in Mumbai Marathon to create Awareness.
- Holding Medical Seminars with National and international Delegates.
Recent Posts / View All Posts
MSSI, Mumbai Chapter had organized MS Awareness Walk on ‘India MS Day”, Sunday 2nd Feb 2020 at Shivaji Park. More than 200 participants, including MSSI Team, MSPs with families, Rotarians,…
National Society For Equal Opportunities For the Handicapped, India (NASEOH, INDIA) established in 1968 & has been steadily working towards developing comprehensive rehabilitation opportunities for the persons with disabilities so…
MSSI MUMBAI in association with KDA Hospital & Medical Research Institute had organized Medical Seminar on Saturday, 7th Dec. 2019, from 1.30 p.m. to 5.00 p.m. This was organized mainly…
Report on “Mind & Power Unlimited” Session by Mr. Sunil Parekh of Rise Development Academy On Friday, 22nd November, 2019, MSSI Mumbai had organized a session “Mind Power Unlimited” which…
- Sandeep Chitnis – Chairperson
- Sheela Chitnis – Vice Chairperson
- Dr.Rekha Bhatkhande – Secretary
- Afsaneh Randeria – Jt. Secretary
- Surekha Nerurkar – Treasurer
- Sundari Raju – Jt. Treasurer
- Ramesh M. Rao – Member – Managing Committee
- Uday Karnik – Member – Managing Committee
- Kranti Munje – Member – Managing Committee
- Anaita Vesuvala – Member – Managing Committee
- Raj Darshan Dhyani – Member – Managing Committee