Mumbai Chapter was launched in 1985 by Founders Mr. A.H. Tobaccowala and Mrs. Rehmut Fazalbhoy for the welfare and support of MS persons. They along with extremely active members like Mrs. Sheela Chitnis, Mr. K.N. Randeria, Mr. A J Joglekar, Mr. P Sharan and others established the society with just 3 MS Persons. Numerous activities and dedicated hard work by all these people helped MSSI Mumbai become a prominent organization in the field of MS. With the involvement of leading doctors, Hospitals of Mumbai and help from various donors, MSSI Mumbai moved forward rapidly. Today their active and buzzing office shares their premises with MSSI Head Office in their own space in Sion- West which they purchased in the beginning of 2008. It began with 3 MSP’s and today the society serves a large number of Multiple Sclerosis patients.
MSSI- MUMBAI Chapter conducts very successful MS WALKs every year and they are aimed towards creating awareness and fund-raising for their various activities. As a leading Chapter they also do the following activities throughout the year.
- Identification of MS patients and initial help.
- Free Supplementary Medicine.
- Home Physio/Occupational Therapy.
- Home Nursing Project.
- Disability Certificates.
- Visiting and counseling home bound Multiple Sclerosis Patients.
- Hospital Visits.
- Regular telephonic counseling.
- Financial Aid to needy MS Persons.
- Fund raising – MS Walks, Read- a -thon, Art Exhibitions, Musical Concerts.
- Get together for Multiple Sclerosis Patients, families and friends.
- Donations of medicines, wheelchairs and other aids.
- Subsidized cost of MRI’s.
- Public Awareness – At MS Walks, Railway stations, public places, Colleges and Schools.
- Participation in Mumbai Marathon to create Awareness.
- Holding Medical Seminars with National and international Delegates.
Recent Posts / View All Posts
MSSI Mumbai celebrated Diwali festival with MS Families& friends on 28th Oct, 2018 from 4 – 7.30 pm at Shanmukhnanda Fine Arts, Sion, Mumbai. A total of 160 persons attended. Each MSP…
MSSI Mumbai visits Yashraj Studios on the sets of India’s one of the most popular singing reality show INDIAN IDOL. MERA SAPNA Project aims at fulfilling the small Dreams of our MS…
On Occasion of observing World MS Day ,MSSI, Mumbai along with Lions Club of Juhu, had organised a Rejuvenating Evening on Saturday 19th May, 2018. Time: 4.30 pm- 7.30 pm…
- Sandeep Chitnis – Chairperson
- Sheela Chitnis – Vice Chairperson
- Dr.Rekha Bhatkhande – Secretary
- Afsaneh Randeria – Jt. Secretary
- Surekha Nerurkar – Treasurer
- Sundari Raju – Jt. Treasurer
- Ramesh M. Rao – Member – Managing Committee
- Uday Karnik – Member – Managing Committee
- Kranti Munje – Member – Managing Committee
- Anaita Vesuvala – Member – Managing Committee
- Raj Darshan Dhyani – Member – Managing Committee