Mumbai Chapter was launched in 1985 by Founders Mr. A.H. Tobaccowala and Mrs. Rehmut Fazalbhoy for the welfare and support of MS persons. They along with extremely active members like Mrs. Sheela Chitnis, Mr. K.N. Randeria, Mr. A J Joglekar, Mr. P Sharan and others established the society with just 3 MS Persons. Numerous activities and dedicated hard work by all these people helped MSSI Mumbai become a prominent organization in the field of MS. With the involvement of leading doctors, Hospitals of Mumbai and help from various donors, MSSI Mumbai moved forward rapidly. Today their active and buzzing office shares their premises with MSSI Head Office in their own space in Sion- West which they purchased in the beginning of 2008. It began with 3 MSP’s and today the society serves a large number of Multiple Sclerosis patients.
MSSI- MUMBAI Chapter conducts very successful MS WALKs every year and they are aimed towards creating awareness and fund-raising for their various activities. As a leading Chapter they also do the following activities throughout the year.
- Identification of MS patients and initial help.
- Free Supplementary Medicine.
- Home Physio/Occupational Therapy.
- Home Nursing Project.
- Disability Certificates.
- Visiting and counseling home bound Multiple Sclerosis Patients.
- Hospital Visits.
- Regular telephonic counseling.
- Financial Aid to needy MS Persons.
- Fund raising – MS Walks, Read- a -thon, Art Exhibitions, Musical Concerts.
- Get together for Multiple Sclerosis Patients, families and friends.
- Donations of medicines, wheelchairs and other aids.
- Subsidized cost of MRI’s.
- Public Awareness – At MS Walks, Railway stations, public places, Colleges and Schools.
- Participation in Mumbai Marathon to create Awareness.
- Holding Medical Seminars with National and international Delegates.
Recent Posts / View All Posts
On Occasion of observing World MS Day ,MSSI, Mumbai along with Lions Club of Juhu, had organised a Rejuvenating Evening on Saturday 19th May, 2018. Time: 4.30 pm- 7.30 pm…
The program of opening of free MS clinic by Dr Kishore N. Mehta, well-known & leading homoeopathic practitioner was very successful which was attended by more than 100 participants including…
Trinayani founded by Ritika Sahni in the year 2006 works towards Disability Awareness and Support. Their mission is to empower persons with Disabilities. The National Center for Promotion of Employment…
- Sheela Chitnis – Hon. Chairperson
- Anita Vesuvala – Hon. Vice Chairperson
- Sundari Raju – Hon. Secretary
- Afsaneh Randeria – Hon. Jt. Secretary
- Surekha Nerurkar – Hon. Treasurer
- Dr. Ashok Bhatkhande – Hon. Jt. Treasurer
- Sandeep Chitnis – Member – Managing Committee
- Sudha Rego – Member – Managing Committee
- Dr. Rekha Bhatkhande – Member – Managing Committee
- Jigna Chanpura – Member – Managing Committee
- Megna Kamath – Member – Managing Committee
- Dhara Thakkar – Member – Managing Committee