Mumbai Chapter was launched in 1985 by Founders Mr. A.H. Tobaccowala and Mrs. Rehmut Fazalbhoy for the welfare and support of MS persons. They along with extremely active members like Mrs. Sheela Chitnis, Mr. K.N. Randeria, Mr. A J Joglekar, Mr. P Sharan and others established the society with just 3 MS Persons. Numerous activities and dedicated hard work by all these people helped MSSI Mumbai become a prominent organization in the field of MS. With the involvement of leading doctors, Hospitals of Mumbai and help from various donors, MSSI Mumbai moved forward rapidly. Today their active and buzzing office shares their premises with MSSI Head Office in their own space in Sion- West which they purchased in the beginning of 2008. It began with 3 MSP’s and today the society serves a large number of Multiple Sclerosis patients.
MSSI- MUMBAI Chapter conducts very successful MS WALKs every year and they are aimed towards creating awareness and fund-raising for their various activities. As a leading Chapter they also do the following activities throughout the year.
- Identification of MS patients and initial help.
- Free Supplementary Medicine.
- Home Physio/Occupational Therapy.
- Home Nursing Project.
- Disability Certificates.
- Visiting and counseling home bound Multiple Sclerosis Patients.
- Hospital Visits.
- Regular telephonic counseling.
- Financial Aid to needy MS Persons.
- Fund raising – MS Walks, Read- a -thon, Art Exhibitions, Musical Concerts.
- Get together for Multiple Sclerosis Patients, families and friends.
- Donations of medicines, wheelchairs and other aids.
- Subsidized cost of MRI’s.
- Public Awareness – At MS Walks, Railway stations, public places, Colleges and Schools.
- Participation in Mumbai Marathon to create Awareness.
- Holding Medical Seminars with National and international Delegates.
Recent Posts / View All Posts
Multiple Sclerosis Society of India, Mumbai Chapter World MS Day (WMSD) Programe. On Sunday 14th May, MSSI Mumbai Chapter, on the occasion of World MS Day 2017, had organized an…
Multiple Sclerosis Society Of India (MSSI), Mumbai Chapter, World MS Day 2017 Multiple Sclerosis Society of India (MSSI), Mumbai Chapter on the occasion of World MS day 2017 had organized…
UCB had organized a Webcast on Saturday 28′ May 2016 on Living Well with M S This was a good opportunity for patients and their care givers to listen and…
Multiple Sclerosis Society Of India (MSSI), Mumbai Chapter, World MS Day 2016 Spectacular Musical Evening !!!! MSSI Mumbai Chapter on Wednesday 25th May 2016 celebrated World MS Day with lot…
- Sheela Chitnis – Hon. Chairperson
- Anita Vesuvala – Hon. Vice Chairperson
- Sundari Raju – Hon. Secretary
- Afsaneh Randeria – Hon. Jt. Secretary
- Ramesh Rao – Hon. Treasurer
- Dr. Ashok Bhatkhande – Hon. Jt. Treasurer
- Sandeep Chitnis – Member – Managing Committee
- Sudha Rego – Member – Managing Committee
- Dr. Rekha Bhatkhande – Member – Managing Committee
- Jigna Chanpura – Member – Managing Committee
- Megna Kamath – Member – Managing Committee
- Dhara Thakkar – Member – Managing Committee