Multiple Sclerosis Society of India (MSSI), Mumbai Report of INDIA MS DAY – Motor Bike Rally
Multiple Sclerosis Society of India (MSSI) Mumbai & Flying Squad India had organized a spectacular Motor Bike Rally on Sunday morning, 3rd Feb, 2019 at Five Gardens, Matunga to observe Annual India MS Day. More than 100 enthusiastic Motorbikers participated in the Rally.
Mr. Sandeep Chitnis, National Vice President & Chairman, Mumbai welcomed all by highlighting the significance of observing India MS Day for raising MS Awareness.
He introduced the Chief Guest Ms.Sucheta Dalal, Founder Trustee of Money Life Foundation, who promotes financial literacy in the masses. She flagged off the rally at 7.45 am.
With a Police escort van, a large number of Motorbikers glided through the streets with MSSI flags flying from their motorbikes. People on the streets stopped & noticed the Bikers spreading MSSI messages.
At the end of the Rally, all Motorbikers were received by Ms. Aditi Deshpande, National Award-winning producer, director and Actress, who welcomed them back with an inspiring message.
All the participants were given a Certificate of Appreciation at the hands of Aditi Deshpande, Sheela Chitnis & Dr.Rekha Bhatkhande.
One of the unique features of this Event was a performance of Street Play on “Multiple Sclerosis and support provided by MSSI to MS Patients” by Roteractors from Rotary Club of Shivaji Park. The same play had also been enacted by them at 7.30 am at Shivaji Park, Dadar in the presence of members of Rotary Club of Shivaji Park & Dr.Rekha Bhatkhande, Hon. Secretary, MSSI Mumbai who then briefed all on MS & MSSI at Five Garden.
Tea & refreshments were served to all & Ms. Sundari Raju proposed the vote of thanks.
We are grateful To:
- Ms. Sucheta Dalal, Managing Editor of Money Life Magazine & Founder Trustee of Money Life Foundation, who came along on a busy morning to flag off the Rally.
- Celebrity Ms. Aditi Deshpande for her inspiring presence at the Rally.
- Madam Ambika, DSP Zone IV & the Police Department of Matunga & Sion for their kind support.
- Mr. Nilesh Telkar & his Team of Motorbikers SSI for supporting MS Cause with so much enthusiasm and joining us in our India MS Day Rally to spread awareness of MS.
- Mr Sunil Jhangiani for donating monogrammed T Shirts that were distributed to all the participants.
- Rotarian Mr Uday Karnik & Rotary Club of Shivaji Park for sponsoring refreshments etc.
- Rotarian Ms Anjana Karnik for writing the script & Team of Roteractors from Rotary Club of Shivaji Park for enacting the educative Street Play on MS & MSSI.
- Motorbikers Mr. Nitin Koli & Mr. Ninad Deshpande for sponsoring water bottles.
- Shivaji Park Gymkhana for nutritious biscuits.
Rally covered by Newspaper