Dr. T. Sunil Kumar Reddy, Neuro Physiotherapist from Banjara Hills, Hyderabad, has an experience of 16 years in this field and practices at the Asian Trans Care in Banjara Hills, Hyderabad. Some of the services provided by him are, Trauma Injury Physiotherapy/Rehab, Neuro Developmental Therapy, Post Surgery Physiotherapy/Rehabilitation and Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation etc. MSSI Hyderabad chapter had an interactive, informative and very enlightening session with him where he emphasized the following points:
- Briefed on MS and stated how one can slow down the progression of MS.
- Treatment for each patient is relative.
- Exercise levels should be increased gradually.
- The rise in the body temperature increases fatigue therefore hot water baths should be avoided. He gave small tips on how to avoid fatigue.
- Walking is an activity, not an exercise.
- Advised to eat smaller meals.
- Patients with a high BMI are prescribed ‘Hydration Therapy’.
It is a myth that exercise causes disease progression.