Multiple Sclerosis Society Of India(MSSI), Mumbai Chapter, World MS Day 2016
Educational Medical Seminar
Multiple Sclerosis Society of India along with global MS Societies observes World MS Day on the last Wednesday of May every year. This year MSSI had decided to organize various nationwide MS awareness campaigns throughout May.
On Sunday 22nd, in association with Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, MSSI Mumbai Chapter had organized an Educational Medical Seminar, on “ Multiple Sclerosis, New Developments” at Grand Sarovar Banqet Hall , Goregoan from 10 .30 am to 1 pm.
In all 110 people were present including many Doctors, Patients, Caregivers, Therapists and MSSI Team .
Dr. Mohit Bhatt, Neurologist & Director Neurosciences, KDAH. Welcomed all present.
Following Doctors from KDAH enlightened the audience by sharing their expertise on various aspects of MS.
- Dr. Jayanti Mani, Neurologist, briefed on “ABC of Multiple Sclerosis.”
- Dr. Sunita Iyer, Neurophysiologist spoke about “Diagnosing Multiple Sclerosis.”
- Dr. Niren Dongre, MS Ophthalmology gave detailed information on “Acute loss of vision :Is it Multiple Sclerosis?”
- Dr. Chinmay Mehta, Neuroradiologist, Multiple sclerosis mimics : MRI to the rescue.
- Dr. Annu Aggarwal, Neurologist highlighted on “newer treatment options and outcomes in Multiple Sclerosis.”
On behalf of MSSI, Sheela Chitnis spoke on 31 Years Journey of MSSI , where she highlighted the ongoing patient welfare Projects & Rehabilitation. She also highlighted various Awareness drives taken by MSSI, Mumbai .
This was followed by animated Question-Answer Session where all these experts participated.
MSSI is grateful to Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, our special thanks to Dr. Mohit Bhatt & Dr. Annu Aggarwal for organizing an excellent Medical Seminar & providing lunch to all present.
We offer our sincere thanks to all KDAH doctors for giving us valuable information on MS.