The Hyderabad Chapter celebrated World MS Day at City Center Mall, Banjara Hills on 31/5/2017 with the theme ‘Life with MS’. The colour for the day was Orange.
80 Members and guests joined hands to form the Human Chain for World MS Day that included PwMS, their family members, caregivers, guests and life members. The enthusiastic participation (despite the scorching summer heat) by everyone made this event a ‘SUCCESS’.
The event timing was from 5.00 PM till 7.00 PM. However, like all other events, the participants enjoyed themselves and thus it got extended till 7.30 PM (not breaking the tradition).
Memorable Moments of the Day:
Our event began with a welcome address by Mrs. Mamta Gupta – Chapter Chairperson. She welcomed all the participants and shared details about the importance of World MS Day and Hyderabad Chapter’s social responsible services to society.
- Rebecca, PwMS began the program with her soulful rendering of the famous song “Heal the World” followed by another song “Saari umr hum” from the movie 3 Idiots. She shared her own experiences and of a few other MS persons through her verse “Life with MS” and the audience was visibly moved by her story.
- Arti Mittal, PwMS recited a poem “Life is Beautiful” (penned by her).
- Master Gaurav Mittal, PwMS Mrs. Arti Mittal’s son sang his own composition “Monster”.
- Miss Akshara (whom we all call Baby Doll), daughter of PwMS Mrs. Srikanya gave a rousing dance performance to the song “Nachange Saari Raat”.
- Niharika Bohra, daughter of PwMS Mrs. Suman Bohra sang the beautiful song “Aashayen”.
- Ramadevi, PwMS who is currently confined to a wheelchair displayed the true spirit of ‘Life with MS’ by performing to the song “Nadavinodam” while sitting on a chair. This was the highlight of the evening.
- P. Murali Krishna (Guinness record holder) and award winning magician entertained the audience with his magic acts.
- The evening was full of fun and frolic. As with all good things, the event came to an end with a show of solidarity for PwMS, their family members, caregivers, guests and life members by forming a human chain.
The MSSI Hyderabad Chapter expresses their sincere gratitude to our wonderful sponsors without whom, this event would not have been possible.
- We gratefully acknowledge Mr. Sandeep Shah of Subway for the generosity in providing snacks and refreshments for all the event attendees.
- We are very thankful to UCB India for their support towards this event.
- We express our gratitude to Mr. Asim of City Center Mall, Banjara Hills in Hyderabad for graciously providing the venue to host our event.
- Special thanks to the vendor, Mrs. Deepthi of Darsh Events for providing the backdrop, and organising the stage and sound.