The November monthly meet held on 18th November 2018 concluded leaving all the PwMS with a new experience upon alternate ways of managing MS with the dietary intake.
MSSI Hyderabad chapter had invited Mrs Kavita Kabra, a nutritionist and dietitian with about 28 years of experience in counselling and helping people.
Below are the tips as advised by her.
- Managing your lifestyle by eating simple healthy food every 2 hrs.
- Drinking more water early morning is not required.
- High fibre low fat.
- Omega fat.
- Rice bran, evening primrosa.
- Change of food oil every 2 months.
- 1 tsp of Ghee per day & nuts in your diet is preferable.
- Compressed oil should not be heated in high flame – cooking compressed oil on a low flame is advisable.
- Supplements should not be taken along with your meals.
- Bakery items and aerated drinks are not advisable.
- Omega 3, vitamin D and Biotin named Radiance is good for MS.
Any supplement should be taken only after consultation with your Neurologist.